Top parenting stories this week
- To be the most trusted pregnancy and baby site (birth to 2 years) on the web.
- To provide the information moms want – the way they want it: 30-second quick hits, in-depth articles, expert Q & As
- To be a valuable planning resource where new moms can create and store information, such as checklists, birth plans and baby milestones.
- To provide detailed maps of the best baby spots in cities across North America – from where to go to nurse or do a quick diaper change to the best baby-friendly places to eat, shop and play.
- To give back through causes that support women and children globally.
- To create a child-friendly workplace that supports families and is mindful of the environment.
We’re professional journalists and new moms who know what it’s like to need answers in a hurry. And not just any old answers, either. All the articles at Just the Facts, Baby contain the latest, most reliable information gathered from top experts across North America. For moms who need those facts fast, we provide 30-second quick hits–they’re literally “just the facts.” These are followed by more detailed articles, with topics ranging from fitness and nutrition to mom and baby health.
We also give new moms an array of interactive planning tools, expert Q & As and printable city maps to help them find the hippest and most convenient baby spots in town. Just the Facts, Baby is the only site that gives moms at-a-glance access to baby-friendly restaurants, stores, breastfeeding and change areas. Well-researched, reliable information, 30-second overviews, planning tools and the ultimate city guide–all the facts you need to make the most of mom-hood.
The Founders and Editors
Sydney thought she knew about multi-tasking as the former managing editor of Glow magazine. She knew nothing. Thanks to her son Charlie and daughter Maggie,
she can now bake muffins, edit copy, do a load of whites and interpretive dance to Raffi-all at the same time. (And getting a handful of health and beauty editors
to meet their deadlines is nothing compared to getting a four-year-old to junior kindergarten before the bell rings.)
That said, Sydney is still able to put her degree in journalism to good use as a freelance writer and editor. In addition to JustTheFactsBaby.com, her work has appeared in Today’s Parent, Canadian Family, Chatelaine, More, Pregnancy and The Globe and Mail.
In her pre-baby life, Nancy was the editor-in-chief of Oxygen and Glow magazines. In addition to her journalism background and degree from Ryerson University,
she has a passion for health, fitness and nutrition. Nancy holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Calgary and is a former personal trainer and group
fitness program director.
The work-at-home mom now balances parenting her sons Bode and Beckett and daughter Stella with managing JustTheFactsBaby.com and freelance writing. Her clients include: More (in which she is the contributing fitness editor), Canadian Family, Pregnancy, Fit Pregnancy, and various others.